The Local Table Podcast Show Notes
Hey friends! It’s Week 2 of hosting the Local Table Podcast and I am so grateful to be here! I feel so honored that you’re allowing me to speak into your life and share my thoughts, ideas, questions, and wisdom with you. This is a process of learning for me too and I hope that we can all learn together and all feel inspired by the people that I invite onto this podcast.
Today I wanted to talk about some of the things I think you need to know to start a business. I want y’all to know these are tips that I believe to be helpful and things I have shared on my blog before. They might not be 100% right for you but they will be helpful to you budding entrepreneurs! So pull up a chair at The Local Table!
Key Takeaways + Tips
- Write a business plan
- Know the legal requirements for your business
- Figure out your ideal client
- Figure out a marketing plan (remember it’s going to change)
- Track your finances and know your numbers
- Lastly, know your WHY
- Keep all your business and personal expenses 100% separate
- Outsource help for things you cannot do yourself in your business
- “If you’re speaking to everyone, you’re speaking to no one”
- Simon Sinek – “People don’t buy what you do; they buy why you do it. And what you do simply proves what you believe”